Running Vs Jump Rope
To eliminate excess fat, aerobic is the most effective method. In this category you can find running, the most popular form of aerobics among fitness practitioners who want to lose weight quickly. No special equipment is needed, it helps you lose weight and is an excellent form of therapy.
Are there more effective exercises than running?
Running is considered by most practitioners to be the most effective form of fast weight training. But it is not the only or the most efficient way to get rid of extra pounds. Here’s why:
# 1 Running is not for everyone
The most effective form of training is the one you really practice, and to practice it you have to like it. If you try to adopt as your main form of training to run and it is by far your favorite activity, you will do it less than you should and the results will be delayed.
# 2 Running increases your appetite
When the training time is too high and the intensity remains constant, your appetite will increase. And a high unbroken appetite will prevent you from reaching the ideal weight.
If your goal is to lose weight, it would be best to opt for short and intense workouts, rather than a form of training that takes place in a larger interval, but at a lower and constant intensity, such as running.
Very effective for weight loss are HIIT workouts that do not take too much time, accelerate your metabolism and keep your appetite under control.
# 3 You will get used to your body
The more you run, the more your body will get used to this form of training. Thus, the body will allocate less and less energy for the activity, and you will burn fewer and fewer calories. To avoid losing weight you will have to run faster and faster.
On the other hand, you can burn more calories in 15 minutes of HIIT than in an hour of running.
# 4 Running limits the caloric burn
To lose weight you need to maximize your caloric burns, so the secret is the intensity of your workouts.
In 30 minutes of running you can burn between 300 and 500 calories, depending on how fast you run and your body weight. Not bad! But as soon as you finish your workout, your caloric burn will stop. Not the same thing can be said about HIIT workouts. Not only do you burn a large number of calories during such workouts, but at the same time, you maximize your caloric burns even after its completion, up to 24-48 hours.
# 5 The risk of injury is increased
Most strongly believe that running comes naturally, as if
it were an innate ability. Wrong! Running, and here I mean the form of
training not running, requires a well-developed technique. Otherwise, it
can create more problems than it does benefits, especially if it is
practiced daily, wrong and for a long time. In the long term, problems
may occur in the joints, back, shoulders, hips, etc.
The main benefits of running
If you are looking for a form of physical movement, where you have the opportunity to relax psychically while your body is working, running may be best for you. Like any other exercise in the cardio area, it brings many benefits, some of which you would have expected, and some that are surprising. Even if at first you may find it harder to put in your routine the time and effort required to travel at a certain pace, you will notice, after a short time, that you are beginning to look forward to sports day or week. !
So, here are the positive effects of running on your body:
- Improving cardiac capacity – During training, the heart will pump blood faster, so that oxygen reaches where it is needed. This improves blood flow and makes cardiac muscle stronger. In addition, running increases cardiac resistance, greatly reducing the risk of heart attack and other cardiovascular disease, helps maintain ideal blood pressure and helps increase good cholesterol in the body! Also, the respiratory system and lung capacity will be improved, and all of these things will lead to a stronger immune system!
- Weight loss or maintaining the ideal weight – by running, you get significant caloric intake, and if you want to get rid of extra kilos, along with a diet and a sustained, constant effort, you will have very good results. You will also be in maximum shape, the muscles becoming more and more toned, especially in the area of the legs, thighs and abdomen.
- Combating the aging process – the level of growth hormone (HCG) decreases with age, being responsible for the young and vigorous appearance. Physical activities, including running, prolong the synthesis of the hormone, thus preventing the aging process.
- Increased athletic performance – can be measured in endurance in terms of muscle mass and bone system. And these, as they get older, tend to decrease, but not only the years have a negative effect on the bones and muscle tissue, but also sedentary lifestyle. If you include running in your lifestyle, you will not face problems in this chapter. This physical activity contributes to the conservation of muscle fibers and increases the production of osteoblasts, the cells that help to strengthen and strengthen the bones!
- Improvement of mood – during physical training, they are released into the body endorphins, which have an important effect in eliminating stress and anxiety. After each running session, you will feel calmer, calmer and happier!
- Improve the quality of sleep – even after the first sessions of running, you will notice that you fall asleep faster and easier, that you have a deep sleep and that you wake up much more rested.
Other advantages and characteristics of the runner
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, there are other features of the run that can make you choose it as your main physical activity in your lifestyle, such as:
It can be practiced both outdoors and indoors or at home. Regardless of the season or the weather, you can make your workout even indoors. You can go to the gym or buy a treadmill to put in the living room. Thus, even on busy days or during the cold season you can move and you should not give up sports! Moreover, even on vacation you can follow your usual schedule, because this activity does not require special equipment!
Why use a jump rope?
Have you chosen to purchase a jump rope? Nothing better! This simple and complete exercise is effective in the fight against excess pounds. Its advantages:
- Increased endurance and fortification of the heart
- Tune the body harmoniously and globally, without stiffening it
- The fight against cellulite because the tissues are in motion
- Burning calories
- Improving balance and support
- Correction of body posture
- Development of neuromuscular coordination
- It takes 15 minutes to lose weight with the help of the jump rope
Here is a series of 3 exercises performed with the help of the rope that you have to repeat 5 times in total. Thus, you will record 15 minutes of jumping co-ops each session. Do these exercises 3 times a week (ideally in the morning). Complete them with a muscle strengthening activity to optimize the results (eg, strength exercises in the room or series of exercises for the thighs, abdominal muscles, buttocks muscles …). Get yourself a pair of comfortable fitness shoes (required to alleviate shocks and avoid injury), be sure to hydrate properly … and you’re ready for a real jumping rope session!
- If you suffer from hip, knee, back or joint problems, seek medical advice.
- Reserve a sufficiently large workout space to avoid any risk of injury.
- For women: Wear a sports bra
Adjust the rope correctly
- Place one foot on the middle and lift the handles upward along the body.
- For beginners, the handles must reach the shoulder level.
The correct body posture to jump the rope
- Keep your neck, head and spine straight
- Keep the abdomen retracted (by a slight contraction of the abdominal muscles)
- Keep your shoulders down
- Keep your elbows close to your body and forearms at approximately 90 ° relative to your arms
- In this position, hold your hands slightly in front of the pool
- Always maintain slight flexibility at the knees (less in exceptional cases)
- Always jump on the toes
As the name of this exercise indicates, this is one of the least intense exercises performed with the help of the jump rope. For beginners, once learned the technique, this will be one of the most important exercises during the training. For older people, this exercise can be used as a heating or recovery exercise between two activities.
Exercise: Jump over the rope, landing on the left foot. When the rope goes over your head, lean on your left foot again, gently pulling your right leg outward. Then, jump over the rope, landing on the right leg, with a slight jump, while the left leg is facing out. Change your feet, landing each time on the tip of your foot and making a small jump. In short, jump and landing on the left foot, then jump and landing on the right foot.
Breathing: Inhale during the landing stage, exhale during the jump.
Repeats: 30 seconds of jumps, 30 seconds of recovery.
To make progress: After learning the relaxation step, add some variations to it. For 30 seconds of training: start with 10 seconds of relaxation steps, then continue with 10 seconds of knee lift (alternately raise the right knee, then the left knee), and then finish the session with 10 seconds of bringing the heels to the buttocks.
Running Vs Jump Rope
String jumping is an ideal form of training for the weak. Rope jumping requires all your muscle groups. It helps you work out the muscles of your legs and arms especially and it is very effective if you want to burn many calories in a very short time. If you skip rope without stopping, you can burn between 800 and 1000 calories per hour, more than when you walk or run. At the same time, it will help you tone your thighs, hips and legs. In addition, after a workout of jumping rope, your body will burn calories all day, not just during exercise. It also improves coordination and balance.