Intermittent Fasting 16/8
I prefer the so called intermittent fasting 16/8. I think that the Intermittent fasting diet is very beneficial for health but also for weight loss. Intermittent fasting is a nutritional tool. It means that you do not eat for a long time. There are different methods how you can do this. You can hold long periods of time such as 24 hours or 36 hours. Or you can do something more periodic as I prefer to do. There are a lot of studies that show this. You have intermittent fasting benefits here in case you haven’t read. (https://healthy-fit-diet.com/intermittent-fasting-benefits-and-meaning)
We people shouldn’t eat all the time. Intermittent fasting diet helps you lose weight through its effect on insulin, to increase muscle mass due to the effect on the growth hormone. And most importantly it helps you stay young and healthy due to the process of cellular autophagy.
Intermittent Fasting 16/8
It means that for 16 hours you do not eat and the necessary calories you consume in the rest of 8 hours. In the 16 hours you do not eat anything. You should not consume anything that contains calories, only water, coffee and unsweetened tea.
Intermittent fasting for beginners
I realize that maybe many of you have tried some form of intermittent fasting and if you failed it is probably due to the daily routine with which we are used for years and years. Breakfast at the first hour when we wake up and as many snacks. I will give you some tips on how to make the transition to intermittent fasting especially if you are a beginner. As a reference point we will consider intermittent fasting 16/8 because it can be kept every day and can become a lifestyle. The biggest problem when we want to make this transition from our old lifestyle to intermittent fasting is associated with the hunger that comes during normal times when we used to eat.What is hungry? Hunger like any other sensation in the body is caused by hormones. Hormones are chemical messengers that circulate through your body and control how cells react. Even hunger has a hormone associated with it, namely ghrelin. It is known about this hormone that it adapts depending on your meal program. The idea is that if you do not eat for a long time the feeling of hunger will not intensify and on the contrary it will decrease. So you can train your body to get used to a new lifestyle.
Intermittent fasting tricks
- In the beginning do not go directly to intermittent fasting 16/8 but postpone breakfast with 2 hours. For 3-4 days, it helps to adjust your ghrelin level at the time you used to have breakfast and will increase to the new breakfast time.
- It would be better to give up breakfast. Because during the night you do not eat anything and you can extend this fasting period much easier.
- In the morning when you wake up, start the day by drinking a glass of water.
- Try to stay busy during the first part of the day and try to get your mind off of the food. -in the period when you start to adapt to intermittent fasting try not to go out with friends or family at lunchtime. After the adaptation period you will see that it is much easier not to give in to the temptations.
- When you eat after a period of fasting do not think that you have not eaten a period of time and eat controlled. Don’t eat until you can’t eat anything, don’t put in your plate the largest portions possible. Eat as normal as you can.
- Eat foods that are rich in nutrients.
- Eat as much unprocessed food as you can, don’t make fun of your health just by intermittently fasting.
- Do not eat more calories than your body needs. Even if you use this tool called intermittent fasting, the surplus of calories you eat will be deposited in the form of adipose tissue.
- Unsweetened coffee (no sugar, no sweetener) and green tea can help you during the fasting period.
- You have to think well about your lifestyle, I want you to find a time period in which you can eat and that suits your lifestyle. You must find a time period that suits you.
- For exemple I eat in between 14-22. I advise you to not tell anyone that you are intermittently fasting, especially if those people have never heard of intermittent fasting.Because people do not see in good eyes that you do not eat for a long time and especially skipping breakfast, the most important meal of the day. But when you will have results and you will start to feel and look better, when you will start to be more and more energetic and you will be able to perform at work only then I advise you to tell them about intermittent fasting
I want you to keep an intermittent fasting program for 2 weeks and then you will know if this lifestyle fits you. And with this you will see the benefits of this lifestyle.